Broadstairs Folk Week is a registered charity (No. 1104684) with the object to preserve and advance public education in the appreciation of English & Multicultural folk dance, song and music, by means of dances, classes, lectures, demonstrations and other like methods, in the town of Broadstairs and St Peters and the neighbouring towns and villages in the District of Thanet. The major activity to deliver this object is the annual Broadstairs Folk Week Festival.
Our Privacy Principles
We will look after any personal information that you share with us.
We want everyone who supports us, to feel confident about how any personal information they share will be looked after or used.
You can be confident that:
- We only use personal information in the ways we need to and that is expected of us. This means using your contact details to send you news, information and opportunities in relation to Broadstairs Folk Week
- We will keep you up to date with our work, including future events as well as our fundraising activities.
- But, we only use your personal information to do this if you have previously told us that’s OK.
- We will make it easy for you to tell us how you want us to communicate with you, including how to opt out from future communications – and we promise your request will respected straight away.
- We will never share your personal information with anyone else or any other organisations.
- We take all reasonable care to safeguard your personal information through security policies and secure business processes.
- We will always provide easy ways for you to contact us.
We know that your privacy is very important to you.
How we collect personal information about you
We may collect personal information from you when you interact with Broadstairs Folk Week. This can happen in a number of ways, for example: if you enquire about or purchase a ticket to one of our events, if you become a ‘Friend of Folk Week’, if you apply for a volunteering opportunity, if you are an artist or trader taking part in our annual festival. This may be when you phone us, write to us, go onto our website, through the post, or in person.
What information do we collect?
The personal information we collect might include your contact details such as name, email address, postal address, telephone number and credit/debit card details (if you are making a purchase or donation), as well as information you provide in any correspondence between us. If you contact us about volunteering we will also collect details about your preferences for work opportunities.
How do we use personal information?
We will only use your personal information to update you on news and opportunities relating to Broadstairs Folk Week
We’d like to keep our all valued supporters up to date with developments at Broadstairs Folk Week. So, to update you on what we’re doing and ask whether you’d be able to support us, we’d like to keep in touch with you (by post, phone, email, text and other electronic means).
Who sees your personal information?
The personal information we collect about you will be used by our staff (and volunteers).
We will never sell or share your personal information with organisations so that they can contact you for any marketing activities.
Your Information Security
We take the security of your personal information extremely seriously.
We’ve implemented appropriate physical, technical and organisational measures to protect the personal information we have under our control, both on and off-line, from improper access, use, alteration, destruction and loss.
And, we only keep it as long as is reasonable and necessary, which may be to fulfil statutory obligations (for example, the collection of Gift Aid).
Your personal information is kept securely in our databases and office.
Any debit or credit card details which we receive on our website are passed securely to sage pay our payment processing partner, according to the Payment Card Industry Security Standards.
How to update or access your personal information
You may ask us at any time to update your details, correct or remove information you think is inaccurate by:
Broadstairs Folk Week
Broadstairs, Kent CT10 1JX
Telephone: 01843 604080
Fax: 01843 866422